Vol. II No. 04 2/15/2021
Stockbridge Updates will publish "Stockbridge Candidates Q&A"
Stockbridge Updates invites all those running to retain their seats and those challenging them to please contact Stockbridge Updates and schedule an interview. In the May 1 issue, before election day, SU will print or videotape the candidates' opening statements and answers to three questions.
To assure fairness, we will collect statements and answers whenever the candidate is ready and post them all in the same issue. Contact SU to be included in "Stockbridge Candidates Q & A". Thank you. An informed electorate is the first priority of Stockbridge Updates.
Candidates who have taken out/returned papers:
- Donald Schneyer, Water & Sewer Commissioner
Taken out papers:
- Gary Johnston - Moderator
- Gary Pitney - Planning Board & Board of Assessors
- Christine Rasmussen - Planning Board
- Charlie Kenny – Board of Health
- Mark Faber – Tree Warden
Carole Owens, Managing Editor
Open seats in 2021
3-year terms: Moderator, Selectman, Board of Assessors, Board of Health, Tree Warden, Sewer and Water Commission
5-year terms: Planning Board, Planning Board, Housing Authority
Appointments: Finance Committee, Berkshire Regional Planning Commission - alternate
The current occupants of the seats are:
- Gary Johnston, Moderator
- Ernest (Chuckie) Cardillo, Selectman
- Gary Pitney, Chair, Board of Assessors
- Charles Kenny, Chair, Board of Health
- Peter Curtin, Tree Warden
- Donald Schneyer, Chair, Sewer and Water Commission
- Christine Rasmussen, Planning Board
- Gary Pitney, Planning Board
- James Welch, Housing Authority
- Jay Bikofsky, Chair, Finance Committee
Thank you all for your service. Good luck to you and to the contenders.
Open positions will appear on your ballot. The people currently in the seats may choose to run again or decline to run. All those wishing to run will submit nomination papers with requisite signatures by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday March 30, 2021 to gain a place on the printed ballot.
Stockbridge votes for candidates at the voting booth and on the issues at Town Meeting.
Jamie Pollard holds the near state-record-setting brown trout he caught on Stockbridge Bowl last weekend.