Vol. II No. 04 2/15/2021
- A COVID Vaccination Information line has been set up in Pittsfield. The number is 413-449-5575. It is a recorded message updated weekly or as information becomes available.
- The W.E.B. DuBois Middle School is now a vaccination location for South County. Additional sites may be added.
- People must be pre-approved and pre-registered. If you are 75 +, to preregister go to www.maimmunizations.org, www.getvaccinatedberhsires.org or call 211 and select #2.
- With numbers going in the right direction, Massachusetts again eases restrictions. Gatherings in restaurants gyms and other public places increased to 40% of capacity. More information available at www.Mass.gov/COVID
- Buddy up – for seniors who need a ride to the vaccination center, the state will now offer the vaccination to the senior and his/her driver.
- Stockbridge will initiate a Food Card program. For some time, religious organizations and food banks have offered groceries. The food cards will allow folks to shop for themselves. If you are interested in contributing, let SU know and we will pass it on.
Opening and closing in the time of COVID
The Berkshire Botanical Garden has the following program offered via Zoom
Join us on February 20, 2-3:30pm, for our Winter Lecture: Make Visible, Instill Value and Engage the Public in Our Shared Landscape Heritage, a talk which addresses interpretation of our shared landscape. The speaker, Charles Birnbaum, founder and CEO of The Cultural Landscape Foundation and an award-winning landscape advocate, will explore our shared cultural landscape, emphasizing stewardship strategies and opportunities for public engagement in the Berkshires. This program is offered live online through Zoom.
Register at berkshirebotanical.org. Tickets: $15 members; $20 nonmembers.
Imagine what a different world it could be once the Black-Eyed Susans are in bloom. Photo: Patrick White.